Friday, February 12, 2010

"The Junk Lady"

I'm quickly gaining a reputation for being the lady who'll take your junk to the homeless. I love it!! It brings me such joy and I think it's my calling in life.
I recently sent out Valentine's to some of my neighbors. I want to inform them of my charity, so that they can help me out, whenever they see fit. So, to my neighbors, welcome to my blog. I collect yarn from anyone willing to donate it, and I make scarves and hats for the homeless (via SAMM). But in addition to this, I also will take any other donations that you are willing to give. Here's a list of some of the items that SAMM needs:
clothes
coats
hats
furniture
t.v's
linens
toiletries
toys
baby items
and much more. Imagine that you are starting your life over, with NOTHING. Now you know what these people will need. But PLEASE, use some logic. Do not leave me with partially used food or toiletries, broken down furniture, filthy clothes, and garbage. Otherwise, feel free to leave ANY items you wish to donate on my driveway. (1219 Ganton Lane) I'll take things anytime, anyday. I'll deliver them, myself, to the Transitional Center of the San Antonio Metropolitan Ministries.

Upcoming Event:
"Baby and Toiletry Drive" in March
So start gathering up your old baby items (clothes, unopened food, toys, blankets, diapers, wipes, etc) and unused toiletries. I'll be collecting them in March. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment